ABUV Media is a quickly growing, private equity-backed online publishing company that helps consumers make informed decisions about complicated topics such as higher education, careers, and personal finances. We do this by building well-researched online resources with best-in-class interactive tools.
We have an immediate opening for the role of Product Manager supporting our personal finance content. This manager will define and drive creation of tools to help consumers answer complex, multivariate questions that run the gamut from “Which credit card is best for me?” to “Should I refinance my student loans?” to “How much insurance do I need?”
You may be a great fit if: You have extensive experience working seamlessly across functions. You can’t decide if Competence or Execution is your middle name. You are ruthless with your own time,and prioritize your task list based on the highest ROI. You set aggressive goals and consistently surpass them. You’re a natural communicator with excellent user-centric design and product sense. You work independently, creating and leading your own projects, and thrive when driving progress across a geographically diverse team. You don’t let challenges stand between you and your objective.
This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Set a vision and create a roadmap for products and features to help consumers with personal finance decisions, in collaboration with our editorial and marketing teams and building on basic market research and emerging online trends
- Write requirements and specifications for new products and features
- Own product and feature changes through the production process, from business justification and wireframing/prototyping through design and development
- Define, collect, and monitor performance metrics of products and drive continual improvement of product development process
- Excel in a high-energy, fast-paced, and results-driven work environment
- Bachelor’s degree (a quantitative or multi-disciplinary background is preferred but ultimately we’re just looking for an action-oriented, get-it-done rock star)
- 5 – 10 years’ professional work experience, including 2 – 4 years’ experience in product management or web publishing (ideally for financial services)
- Experience closely collaborating with front-end and back-end web developers (you may not be an engineer, but you can quickly get up to speed on enough technical detail to solve problems or advance the project)
- Proven ability to drive products to successful launch (you use sound judgment to balance must-have features against ambitious launch cycles and you leverage your exceptional organizational, communication, and time-management skills to achieve rapid progress)
- Intermediate or better Excel proficiency (you have no problem using Excel features to quickly clean a data set into a .csv that a developer can load, or writing a series of nested IF statements to mock up conditional logic that we want coded)
- Familiarity with web performance metrics (you know what steps you’d take to define success metrics, add instrumentation to track user data, and create reporting to measure user experience)
- Track record of effective collaboration with remotely based employees/global teams (you’ve worked with developers, graphic designers, and freelance resources located all around the world and built great relationships to boot)
Not required but a big plus
- Understanding of user experience and design concepts
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing
Compensation: Competitive salary based on your experience, with opportunity for participation in an equity plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits.
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
SHARE THIS JOB